Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Opening Our Minds, Opening Our Time

 



When we open our minds to mindfulness we allow ourselves the ability to open time for mindfulness. 

Opening our students minds to mindfulness starts with our own minds. 

I found some really great thought starters to open your mindfulness time.

I want to practice mindfulness because…

I am hoping mindfulness will give me…

If I am more mindful I will…

The real reasons I want to practice mindfulness are to…

Ultimately mindfulness will give me…

Mindfulness is…

I find the idea of starting mindfulness by writing out one of these sentence an intriguing idea. I am committing to trying this for the month of March and seeing how it changes my mindfulness time.

I encourage you to do the same for yourself and explore this idea with your students. 

Perhaps you can start mindfulness journals. Have your students pick one sentence to complete each day. At the end of mindfulness they can write a reflection on the sentence and mindfulness. This is a great way for them to see their own journey and progress. The journal can also become a communication tool for you and your students. 

I encourage you during this month to make mindfulness a priority. 

Pack your parachute: set a specific reoccurring time for each day, encourage silence even if not participating, encourage openness to participation, practice with them, start a journaling journey, do daily check ins.

We can help create a positive habit for ourselves and our students. 

I encourage you to explore Inner Explorer, they include an Educators series. Take time to practice those for yourself. Set yourself up for success. 

Set up your students for success.



No comments:

Post a Comment