Thursday, March 10, 2022

Start a Mindful Check In

 Beginning your day the mindful way can set you up for a day of positivity and success.

I have shared that I start my day with a gratitude list. This sets my mind on the positive and is my morning mindful check in. 

There are other ways we can start our day with a mindful check in practice. 

Mindful.org shares a great strategy for a morning mindfulness practice. The Mindful Intentions Practice.

A quick mindful morning question can be "What is my intention for the day?"

Ask yourself this questions and explore the possibilities. 

Is your intention to:

*Strengthen a skill

*Develop a skill

* Make an impact

*Connect with someone new, someone with whom you struggle to connect , someone you love and miss, etc.

The first step is the question of  "what is my intention?" Then we move on to setting the intention as a statement of "I will..."

"Today I will connect with someone new." 

"Today I will make a positive impact."

Once you have made your "I will" statement your morning mindfulness check in is complete and all you have to do is strive for success.

This is a great practice to start because it also allows for self-reflection check ins throughout your day.

When you begin to feel stressed, overwhelmed, or perhaps looking to far forward and not living the moment, take a mindful pause and revisit your "I will" intention for the day.

Ask yourself "Am I working toward my intention for the day?" Reset if needed and refocus on your intention for the day.


  

1 comment: